Sunday, October 03, 2004

Beanie Sigel, The Reason (2001)

Beanie is at his best in The Reason, starting off with Nothing Like It. The song starts off the album with a serious beat fully equipped with the Ashford and Simpson Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing sample. A great footing for the rest of the project.

"Shit, I don't do much, I just chill and relax alot/ I don't hustle, I just tax the block/ shit, I don't do much, I just roll out and play with tools and make you fagots obey the rules/ shit, y'all don't do much, but drink 40's, look dumb on the block/ damn near 40 still running from cops..." brags Sigel on I Don't Do Much, to a slow, bass heavy beat.

On Mom Praying featuring Scarface, Sigel opens up and professes his love of his mother and grandmother. He talks of his struggles as a youngster and his folks' faith. It makes for a great track, and Scarface laces a tight verse to boot.

Lyrically, all throughout this record, Sigel shows serious talent. This album's only flaws are a corny beat and/or subject here and there like on Gangsta, Gangsta featuring Kurupt on the hook. But all in all, you couldn't have asked for more as Beans delivers the goods on his sophmore effort.

Rating: 7 Gold Teefs
Buy or Copy: Copy, as good as it is, purchasing it may be going a tad bit too far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory