Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Common, Be (2005)

A short and sweet album is what the Hip-Hop world ordered, and Common delivered. The drought looks to be coming to an end as Be is another solid effort in 2005. This no frills release is chock full of lyrical gems and tucked deep in the recesses of these 11 tracks is some classic material.

From the melodious intro to the solid It's Your World (Part 1 & 2), Common keeps you compelled like an award winning novelist or an Oscar nominated movie release. With all the solid K. West production and tight lyrics you have to wonder why'd he go with The Corner as the lead single. Go! is a song with a tight beat, interesting hook and Common talking about a tantalizing, freaky chikadee. What more could one want? Faithful is an inspirational joint with Common likening the divine being to his love interest. On it he sheds "I was rolling around in my mind it occured/ what if God, was a Her?/ would I treat her the same would I still be running game, on her?/and what type of ways would I want her?/ Would I want her for her mind or her heavenly body/ couldn't be out getting bogus with someone so Godly/ if I was with her, would I still be wanting my ex?/ the lies, the greed, the weed, the sex/ wouldn't be ashamed to give her part of my check/ wearing a cross, I mean the heart on my neck/ Her I would reflect, on the streets of the Chi/ ride with her, 'cause I know for me she'd die/ through good and bad call on her like I'm chirping her/ couldn't be jealous 'cause other brothers worship her/ walk this Earth for her/ glory I'm grateful to be in her presence I try to stay faithful."

On Chi-City, Common gets at some of the perps in the industry. On The Food (Live), we get the joint debuted on the Dave Chapelle show. They Say got Kanye and John Legend putting forth A+ performances.

Quality.

Rating: 8 Platinum Teefs
Buy or Copy: Buy. It's that simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory