Saturday, December 04, 2004

Boot Camp Clik, The Chosen Few (2002)

"I do what I do like I do for the hood/ pop tools, pop jewels, burn backwoods/ slay djays who think they untouchable/ renegade, never been afraid, emcees get it too/ the moral of the story is this/ I used to say get off, but this time suck my dick/ I'm from Bk, home of Big and Aaliyah/ watch how the pound or the four fifth leave ya," is how Tek sets off this amazing album on And So. Straight backpacker rhymes and serious hip hop melodies, a Boot Camp trademark, is all The Chosen Few is about.

Besides the great opening song, the BCC supplies us with straight hot track after hot track on Let's Get Down 2 Bizness, Let's Roll, and The Chosen Few (obviously the cd's title track) to name a small sampling. Think Back, a reminisce style track, even got plenty of airplay on college radio stations and even some major hip-hop radio stations.

On Just Us, Starang Wondah says "Yo it's Starang Won, with no deal, I mold bills/ this rap shit is so real and you don't even know Will/ I play the crib, reruns of Moesha/ eating cold pizza, man, smoking more refer/ pass my bitch off, took the hooker back, it's cheaper to keep her/ tried to escape, a nigga keep getting in deeper, yo/ this ain't the same Starang niggas is used to/ I'm neutral but that don't mean a nigga won't shoot you, yo/ I write a check, niggas turn up dead/ I'm like I toaster the way a nigga burn up bread/ Come on, I play chess when I'm rapping/ for real, a nigga feel like I'm the best when I'm rapping."

Steele goes off on The Chosen Few spittin' "Ghetto living, parallel to prisons/ cursed soul, from hell I've risen/ blew the bail from the system/ Bloomberg cutting billions from children/ so we resort to the streets, I walk with my peeps/ OG's responsible for my speech, co-d's make me comfortable enough to reach/ Tony Montana was deep, we all follow the script/ recipe to turn powder to bricks/ devour the strip/ the game's the same, the players change/ homie you gotta maintain if you wanna remain/ let God give guidance/ may the hood provide us with the necessity to get by this/ niggas falling victim to mirages/ we rep the hardest, blood and sweat goin' drip regardless/ behind enemy lines we chargin'/ the target, getting at all you niggas in the market/ got trees spark it, got Vs then park it/ Bucktown where all the Ds like to hawk us/ walk what you talking, gotta stay focused/ beware this rap industry and the hocus pocus/ many are called, few were chosen/ I choose to die for a cause and ride with my soldiers..."

The ever consistent Boot Camp Clik definitely make a quality rap release with The Chosen Few. These guys are as reliable as the brakes of a finely tuned Italian sports car. Except for the corny old school-ish Whoop His Ass featuring Rufus Blaq the whole album has excellent beats and the Clik flows like they're supposed to on every last one. If you're an illict substance smoker (that green tea preferably), this is the kind of rap music you can enjoy a high to. The Boot Camp defies bragadoccio raps and bling bling word play to bring us hip hop in its purest.

Rating: 8 Platinum Teefs
Buy or Copy: This is one you can always pull out of your collection, pop into your player and thoroughly enjoy. Buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory