Friday, October 01, 2004

The Representatives, Angels of Death (1999)

Supreme and Lidu Rock from Brownsville, Brooklyn try to bring us some hard core fire and continue the Duck Down quality line up with this album, but come up short with a bland attempt at best. There isn't much to be said here. The production is weak with simple, soft beats that do not warrant second listens. Very few highlights and a lack of quality lyrics make this easily one of the Boot Camp Click's weakest showings to date.

The subject matter is questionable too, like on News Flash featuring Steele and Rock where the Representatives run up in the offices of Hot 97 to tell them some silly message about the music they play.

On Do The Math, Lidu Rock spits "now who the livest in the crowd, nigga tell me it's you/ and these raps will be that ass 'till you black and blue/ peep how I do, keep your eyes shut, nigga don't rise up/ I'll bust you down like some chicken wings with fries, what?!" Supreme spits "I got 12 bar for 12 jewels/they should of locked us up in Bellevue/these niggas is crazy, I'm trying to tell you/don't let me find out, I got brothers causing a time out, I stay coming with on time with rhyme blowing you mind out" on the catchy Jewels. These are certainly two worthy wordsmiths, in my opinion, who just fell short.

I didn't like this album, I held high hopes for the Reps and I was let down.

Rating: 5 Gold Teefs (out of 10)
Buy or Copy: Copy, then copy over that copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory